Frequently Asked Questions - Troubleshooting
1. I cannot install the Flash Player. Why is that?
See this Flash Player Troubleshooting page.
2. All I see is a blank rectangle. I do not even see the loading animation. Why is that?
This happens when the tool does not find the slickboard.swf file. To verify this, right-click or control-click the blank area. If the flash file was not found, then you should see the line "movie not loaded". To fix this, make sure the slickboard.swf URL is correct (try an absolute URL instead of relative.) If your server is case-sensitive, use the correct case.
3. I see the loading animation and then a blank board. Why is that?
This can be caused by either a blank source file or xml code unrecognizable by the tool. Make sure the source file is constructed exactly as shown in the tutorial.
4. The tool takes 30 seconds to load, then I get a "Loading .. timed out" error message. Why is that?
This usually happens when the tool cannot find or cannot access the file shown in the error message. In this case, place the file on the same server as slickboard.swf, and make sure the URL is correct (try an absolute URL instead of relative.) If your server is case-sensitive, use the correct case. If the file is protected, make sure the tool can access it without passwords. Type the file's URL in a browser to verify that it is accessible.
5. Why doesn't the tool recognize the latest changes I made to the source file?
Your browser is likely to be accessing a cached version of your source file. To fix this, see the Caching page.
If you are using a meta tag in your html page to control caching, you might have to delete it.
6. I cannot make some features work. Is this a bug?
Re-download the tool to make sure you have the latest version. If this still does not work, then test the feature by copying its samples without adding other code. If this works, then add the samples to your board and then modify them.
7. I cannot make some features work. Is this because I'm using an unregistered copy of the tool?
Unregistered copies work exactly the same as registered copies, except for the features listed on the Buy page. If you are unable to make other features work, see the above suggestion.
8. Why does the tool increase CPU utilization?
To improve performance, see this page.
9. How do I display boards behind a firewall?
Macromedia Flash Player makes connections over ports 1935, 443, and 80. Make sure all these ports stay open.